Hello healthy friends,
Ever feel you need a fresh alternative to coffee? Tired of the jitters from a couple of cups of joe in the morning? I know the feeling. I’ve been there.
Here’s an idea you might like. If you’ve got a strong blender, like a Vita Mix, you’re well on your way. Vita Mix blenders are heavy duty restaurant grade kitchen appliances. But any blender will do for this super smoothie. Some of the ingredients you’ll need might be new to you and not easily located in your local grocery store. If you’ve never heard of the following super foods and raw powders, I recommend you check out www.nuts.com, establish a profile and get ready to enjoy amazing new tastes. Another great resource is David Wolfe’s “Superfoods.” To make your Power Wake Shake, follow these simple instructions:
- Add one tablespoon of bee pollen. Northwest region stocks are the best. A small bag can be found in your local health food store or a Whole Foods store.
- Add two heaping tablespoons of raw cacao, raw chocolate in a fine powder form. Available from the website above.
- Add one heaping teaspoon of raw cacao nibs. Again, also available from www.nuts.com
- Add one to two tablespoons of raw Red Maca powder. Great immune system and libido booster.
- To get a solid shot of vitamin C, lump in a scoop of Camu Camu powder.
- Add some fruit, like a banana or two for flavor and to give the shake some density.
- Finally, add enough water to your blender to make the requisite number of shakes.
- Blend on high for 45 seconds to a minute. Presto! You’ve got a great shake to replace that bitter cup of morning coffee.
This drink does take some getting used to. Once you’re in and on board, you’ll find you get a great natural energy boost from this beverage that lasts a few hours. The benefits are well worth the experimentation. From the antioxidant effects of the raw cacao to the libido enhancing influence of the maca, you can’t go wrong. Remember to be careful with the bee pollen and the raw cacao. Both provide quite the boost. Enjoy!